Monday, February 15, 2010

Private Universe Project-Workshop 3:Inventing Notations

After watching video 3, I began to reflect on myself as a teacher. I thought about how many times I expected a student to solve a problem using what I consider the “traditional” way. This video represented what students can do and different learning styles. It was focused on how children themselves can teach other classmates. They were asked to solve the 4 Topping Pizza problem. Students have so much to offer when they are given the freedom and opportunity to solve problems. The most important part was that the students had to identify and vocalize their individual techniques. I also liked that students were asked to prove how they knew they got the right answer. Lastly, I believe that when teachers teach to meet the interest of their students they are more likely to be effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment